Jean-Nectaire (Kovalevsky) of Saint-Denis

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(changed image link to previous image, added cleanup notice)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
{{cleanup}}
 +
[[Image:Kovalesky-Maximovitch.jpg|thumb|right|250px|Consecration of Bishop Jean-Nectaire by St. [[John Maximovitch]]]]
 
Evgraph Kovalevsky was born in St Petersburg on 8 April 1905 of a prominent Ukrainian family, and brother to Maxime and Pierre Kovalevsky. He taught at the Saint-Serge Institute in Paris until, with the assistance of Vladimir Lossky, he opened the Saint-Denys Institute on 15 November 1944. Kovalevsky and Lossky had founded the Brotherhood of St Photius in 1925. He was ordained a priest of the Moscow Patriarchate in 1937, and his first liturgy was the funeral for Archimandrite Louis-Charles Winnaert, whom he had worked with to bring Winnaert’s followers into the Orthodox Church. Metropolitan Sergius, the patriarchal locum tenens for Moscow, had issued ''ukaze'' No. 1249 on 16 June 1936 establishing Winnaert’s group as “The Western Orthodox Church
 
Evgraph Kovalevsky was born in St Petersburg on 8 April 1905 of a prominent Ukrainian family, and brother to Maxime and Pierre Kovalevsky. He taught at the Saint-Serge Institute in Paris until, with the assistance of Vladimir Lossky, he opened the Saint-Denys Institute on 15 November 1944. Kovalevsky and Lossky had founded the Brotherhood of St Photius in 1925. He was ordained a priest of the Moscow Patriarchate in 1937, and his first liturgy was the funeral for Archimandrite Louis-Charles Winnaert, whom he had worked with to bring Winnaert’s followers into the Orthodox Church. Metropolitan Sergius, the patriarchal locum tenens for Moscow, had issued ''ukaze'' No. 1249 on 16 June 1936 establishing Winnaert’s group as “The Western Orthodox Church

Revision as of 17:31, July 10, 2005

This article or section needs a cleanup to bring it to a higher standard of quality. Recommendation:
See talk page.
More detailed comments may be noted on the talk page. You can help OrthodoxWiki by editing it, especially to conform to the Style Manual and the suggestions in How to write a great article.
File:Kovalesky-Maximovitch.jpg
Consecration of Bishop Jean-Nectaire by St. John Maximovitch

Evgraph Kovalevsky was born in St Petersburg on 8 April 1905 of a prominent Ukrainian family, and brother to Maxime and Pierre Kovalevsky. He taught at the Saint-Serge Institute in Paris until, with the assistance of Vladimir Lossky, he opened the Saint-Denys Institute on 15 November 1944. Kovalevsky and Lossky had founded the Brotherhood of St Photius in 1925. He was ordained a priest of the Moscow Patriarchate in 1937, and his first liturgy was the funeral for Archimandrite Louis-Charles Winnaert, whom he had worked with to bring Winnaert’s followers into the Orthodox Church. Metropolitan Sergius, the patriarchal locum tenens for Moscow, had issued ukaze No. 1249 on 16 June 1936 establishing Winnaert’s group as “The Western Orthodox Church

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
interaction
Donate

Please consider supporting OrthodoxWiki. FAQs

Toolbox