Holy Cross Monastery (Niagara Falls, New York)
|Holy Cross Orthodox Monastery|
|Superior||Archimandrite Nicholas (Iuhos)|
|Approx. size||1 monk|
|Location||Niagara Falls, New York|
|Music used||Russian Chant|
|Official website||Official website|
Holy Cross Orthodox Monastery is a monastery of the Diocese of Washington and New York (OCA) located in Niagara Falls, New York. It was established in the year 2005 by Archimandrite Nicholas (Iuhos), with the blessing of Metropolitan Herman (Swaiko), built in the former Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church (est. 1951).
Plans for the monastery include the organization of special spiritual retreats and lectures for those who are interested in learning more about the Orthodox faith, spirituality, the Church Fathers, and much more.
The monastery property consists of about 3 1/2 acres of land, including a brownstone church, a rectory, a garage, and a separate building which has three apartments upstairs, a hall, a kitchen, a future library and a basement.
The monastery plans to bring English speaking monks from Eastern Europe to begin the monastic life and hopes to attract other interested candidates from the US and Canada.