Protopresbyter George Dion Dragas (1944 - ) is a prominent 20th and 21st century Orthodox Christian priest, theologian, and writer. He is currently professor of patristics at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology in Brookline, Massachusetts.
Protopresbyter George Dion. Dragas, Ph.D., D.D. (Hon.), is Professor of Patrology at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology in Brookline, Massachusetts. He was born in Athens, Greece, where he received his first education and studied science. He pursued Theological Studies at Edinburgh University (B.D.), Princeton Theological Seminary (M.Th.) and Durham University, England (Ph.D.). He taught patristics at Durham University in England from 1974-1995. Since 1995, he has been teaching at Holy Cross in Brookline. At present, he is also a Visiting Professor at Université de Sherbrooke in Québec, Canada.
He is a specialist on St. Athanasius and the Alexandrian theologians and is responsible for updating with critical introductions the Athens reprint of Migne's Patrologia Graeca (about 80 volumes published so far). He is also the General Editor of the Patristic and Ecclesiastical Texts and Translations and the Orthodox Theological Library series published by the Orthodox Research Institute. He is a member of the Academie Internationale des Science Religieuses (Brussels) and has been involved in Ecumenical Dialogues for many years as representative of the Church of Constantinople. In 2000, the Faculty of Theology of the St. Clement National University of Sofia, Bulgaria, conferred on him the degree of Doctor of Divinity (D.D.) Honoris causa. In 2005, the Department of Pastoral and Social Theology of the Faculty of Theology of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki conferred on him the degree of Doctor of Theology (D.Th.) Honoris causa. In 2007, the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki awarded him the Aristeion award, the university's highest award for academic research and achievement.
- An Overview of Orthodox Canon Law - His Eminence Prof. Dr. Metropolitan Panteleimon (Rodolopoulos) of Tyroloe and Serention (2007) (editor) ISBN 978-1933275154
- Christian Philosophy in the Patristic and Byzantine Tradition - B.N. Tatakis (2007) (editor and translator) ISBN 978-1933275161
- Greek Orthodox Patrology: An Introduction to the Study of the Church Fathers - Panagiotes K. Chrestou (2005) (editor and translator) ISBN 978-1933275048
- The Lord's Prayer according to Saint Makarios of Corinth (2005) ISBN 978-1933275017
- Saint Athanasius of Alexandria: Original Research and New Perspectives (2005) ISBN 978-1933275000
- Ecclesiasticus II: Orthodox Icons, Saints, Feasts and Prayer (2005) ISBN 978-0974561806
- Ecclesiasticus I: Introducing Eastern Orthodoxy (2004) ISBN 978-0974561837
- Against Those Unwilling to Confess that the Holy Virgin Is Theotokos - Saint Cyril of Alexandria (2004) (editor and translator) ISBN 978-0974561875
- An Outline of Orthodox Patristic Dogmatics - John S. Romanides (2004) (editor and translator) ISBN 978-0974561844
- On the Priesthood and the Holy Eucharist According to St. Symeon of Thessalonica, Patriarch Kallinikos of Constantinople and St. Mark Eugenikos of Ephesus (2004) ISBN 978-0974561820
- St. Cyril of Alexandria's Teaching on the Priesthood (2004) ISBN 978-0974561813