|Line 1:||Line 1:|
The Reverend Father '''Dimitri Tsakas''' is the [[rector]] of the Greek Orthodox Church of St George, Brisbane, and the
The Reverend Father '''Dimitri Tsakas''' is the [[rector]] of the Greek Orthodox Church of St George, Brisbane, and the Vicar-General of [[List of parishes in Queensland|Queensland]] and New Guinea[[Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia]].
Revision as of 03:57, February 2, 2009
|This article forms part of the series|
Orthodoxy in Australia
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Statistics of Orthodoxy in Australia
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Met Abp Paul
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
Without local bishop
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
The Reverend Father Dimitri Tsakas is the rector of the Greek Orthodox Church of St George, Brisbane, and the Vicar-General of the Fourth Archdiocesan District of Queensland and New Guinea, Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia.
- 1966 - Dimitri was born in Brisbane. He would receive his school education from Junction Park State School and Brisbane State High School, and then moved to Townsville to complete his undergraduate degree in Social Work, with honours in Social Policy. After graduation, he worked with disadvantaged groups from Townsville to Hughenden in Northwest Queensland, under the auspices of the Department of Social Security.
- 1988 - Dimitri married Michelle. The next year, they moved to Brisbane.
- 1989 - Dimitri practised social work in psychiatric disability.
- 1991 - Began practicing as Family Court Counsellor in the Family Court of Australia, Brisbane.
- May - Dimitri is ordained by Archbishop Stylianos of Australia to the diaconate at the Church of St George, where he is assigned to serve.
- 1994 - At the end of this year, Dcn Dimitri was ordained to the priesthood at the Church of St George.
- 1995 - At the beginning of the academic year, Fr Dimitri began studies at St. Andrew's Greek Orthodox Theological College, Sydney, serving parishes in Sydney at the same time.
- 1997 - At the end of this year, having graduated from St. Andrew's with a Bachelor of Theology, Fr Dimitri was again placed at the Church of St George, Brisbane, where he currently serves as rector of the parish with an assistant priest.
- 2000 - On the retirement of Fr Gregory Sakellariou from the position, Fr Dimitri is made Vicar-General of the Fourth Archdiocesan District of Queensland and New Guinea. Fr Gregory continues to actively serve as assistant priest until his 2007 retirement.
- 2001 - Fr Dimitri was elevated to the rank of Economos.
- 2007 - Awarded a Masters of International Relations with Distinction from Macquarie University.
List of Articles
- Biography, on the website of the Greek Orthodox Church of St George.
- Sermon on the Publican and the Pharisee.
- Article in 1999, within the Voice in the Wilderness, on The Prodigal Son.
- Article in 2000, within the Voice in the Wilderness, on Church Etiquette.
- Article in 2004, within the Voice in the Wilderness, on the Importance of Confession.
- A book on incarnational theology, That Our Joy May Be Complete, in which Fr Dimitri has an essay on the Orthodox viewpoint.
V. Rev. Fr. Gregory Sakellariou
|Vicar-General of the Fourth Archdiocesan District of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia