Demetri (Khoury) of Jableh
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
The (translated from Arabic and Greek texts of the Typicon)
(Translated from Arabic into English)
(the Old Testament Lectionary readings appointed at Vespers and at other services during the Liturgical year of the
Revision as of 23:06, November 7, 2009
His Grace Demetri (Matta Khoury), Titular Bishop of Jableh, was an auxiliary bishop of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America from 1995 to 2003.
Born: Taybeh-Ramallah, West Bank Region September 20, 1948, to the V.Rev. Ibrahim and Hanneh Khoury.
- Our Lady of Balamand Monastery, Koura, Lebanon
- St. John of Damascus Orthodox Theological Academy (Balamand) Koura, Lebanon
- Hellenic College, Brookline, MA (1974 -- B.A. in Philosophy and Religion)
- Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Brookline, MA (1978 -- M.Div.)
- Deacon, September 6, 1975
- Priest, September 7, 1975
- Archimandrite, 1981 by Metropolitan Philip
- Bishop, March 12, 1995, by Patriarch Ignatius IV, in St. Mary Cathedral (Mother Cathedral of the Antiochian Patriarchate), Damascus, Syria
- Pastor, St. George Church, Boston, MA
- Pastor, St. Mary Church, Cambridge, MA
- St. George Church, Allentown, PA
- Dean, St. Nicholas Cathedral, Brooklyn, NY
- Dean, St. George Cathedral, Coral Gables, FL
- Bishop of Jableh (Syria); Auxiliary Bishop, Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America (1995-2003); assigned by Metropolitan Philip to Toledo, OH, Chancery.
- Suspended from service as a bishop pending an investigation following his arrest for criminal sexual misconduct and disorderly drunkenness in July 2003.
- Retired from service following his February 25, 2004 guilty plea to a reduced charge of attempted fourth degree criminal sexual misconduct (a felony).
- Restored as vicar of the Iglesia Católica Apostólica Ortodoxa De Antioquia México-Venezuela-Centroamérica-El Caribe in the Exarcado De El Caribe in December 2008.
- The Divine Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts
- The Divine and Holy Gospel Book
- The Liturgical Guide for Priests, Chanters, and Choirs
- The Great Euchologion (translated from Arabic and Greek texts of the Typicon)
- The Service Book of the Bishop (in English)
- The Book of the Typicon (Translated from Arabic into English)
- Handbook of the Faithful
- A Cloud of Witnesses - Saints and Martyrs from the Holy Land
- The Book of the Prophetologion (contains the Old Testament Lectionary readings appointed at Vespers and at other services during the Liturgical year of the Eastern Orthodox Church)
- Gillquist, Peter E., "The Elevation of Demetri (Khoury) to the Holy Episcopacy" WORD MAGAZINE 39.5 (May 1995), 4-8.]]