Revision as of 17:09, September 17, 2009 by Angellight 888
|This article forms part of the series|
Orthodoxy in America
|American Orthodox Timeline |
American Orthodox Bibliography
Byzantines on OCA autocephaly
ROCOR and OCA
|Saints - Bishops - Writers|
|Antiochian - Bulgarian |
OCA - Romanian - Moscow
ROCOR - Serbian
|Christ the Saviour
|St. Tikhon's |
AOI - EOCS - IOCC - OCEC
OCF - OCL - OCMC - OCPM - OCLife
OISM - OTSA - SCOBA - SOCHA
|Amer. Orthodox Catholic Church |
Brotherhood of St. Moses the Black
Evangelical Orthodox Church
Holy Order of MANS/CSB
Society of Clerks Secular of St. Basil
|Edit this box|
Hieromonk Damascene (Christensen) is a priestmonk and deputy abbot of St Herman of Alaska Monastery, Platina, California.
- Raised as a nominal Christian.
- Came to believe that personal deities were a less enlightened truth than trans-personal experience (a la Buddhism).
- Practised Zen Buddhism, with some spiritual experiences.
- Studied at University of California Santa Cruz.
- c.1980: Met Fr Seraphim (Rose), who gave a lecture at UCSC.
- Developed a dialogue with Fr Seraphim, who taught him that Truth was personal and Person (rather than abstract concept). Met Christ through this.
- Eventually, Fr Seraphim became his spiritual father. Less than two years later, he was at Fr Seraphim's bedside at his repose.
- Fr Damascene joined St Herman of Alaska Monastery, where he has lived for over 25 years.