Christos Yannaras is an important philosopher and theologian of the Orthodox Church of Greece.
Yannaras was born April 10, 1935, in Athens, Greece. He studied philosophy and theology in Athens, Bonn, and Paris, and hold doctorates from the University of Thessaloniki and the University of Paris (Sorbonne). He is currently Professor of Philosophy at the Political Sciences Institute of Athens and at Pantion University of Social and Political Sciences in Athens.
Books in English
- Postmodern Metaphysics (Holy Cross Orthodox Press, 2005)
- On the Absence and Unknowability of God: Heidegger and the Areopagite (T & T Clark, 2005)
- Variations on the Song of Songs (Holy Cross Orthodox Press, 2004)
- Elements of Faith (T & T Clark, 1991)
- The Freedom of Morality (St Vladimir's Seminary Press, 1984)