Revision as of 05:38, May 16, 2008 by Fr Lev
|This article forms part of the series|
|Holy Scripture |
The Symbol of Faith
|The Holy Trinity|
|God the Father |
The Holy Spirit
|Edit this box|
Articles and Books on Orthodox Canon Law
- N. Athanasiev. "The Canons of the Church: Changeable or Unchangeable?" St. Vladimir's Theological Quarterly, 11 (1967), pp. 54-68.
- John H. Erickson, The Challenge of Our Past: Studies in Orthodox Canon Law and Church History.Crestwood, NY: St. Vladimir's Seminary Press, 1991. ISBN 978-0881410860.
- Archbishop Peter L'Huillier, The Church of the Ancient Councils: The Disciplinary Work of the First Four Ecumenical Councils. Crestwood, NY: St Vladimir's Seminary Press, 2000. ISBN 978-0881410075.
- Lewis J. Patsavos. The Canon Law of the Orthodox Catholic Church (Mimeographed Notes). Brookline, MA.: Holy Cross Bookstore, 1975.
- Lewis J. Patsavos, Spiritual Dimensions of the Holy Canons. Brookline, MA: Holy Cross Orthodox Press, 2007. ISBN 978-1885652683.
- Henry R. Percival, Ed. The Seven Ecumenical Councils. "Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers," Second Series, Vol. 14. Grand Rapids, Michigan: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 1956.
- Panteleimon Rodopoulos and George Dion Dragas, Ed. An Overview of Orthodox Canon Law. Orthodox Research Institute, 2007. ISBN 978-1933275154.
- Patrick Viscuso, Orthodox Canon Law: A Casebook for Study. InterOrthodox Press, 2007. ISBN 978-1932401103.
- The Stand of the Orthodox Church on Controversial Issues by Stanley Harakas
- B. Archondonis. "A Common Code for the Orthodox Churches," Kanon I (1973), pp. 45-53.
- The Theology of Oikonomia and Its Implications for Sacramental and Ecumenical Perspectives by Sabu John
- The Canonical Tradition of the Orthodox Church by Lewis Patsavos
- The Russian Canonical Territory - some comments from an Orthodox historico-canonical perspective
- Studies in Roman and Byzantine Law - an index of articles in this journal is available online
Online Source Texts
- Byzantine Legal Documents - An index by Paul Halsall
- Post-Byzantine Law on the Web - This site is devoted to the promotion of the study of law in Venetian and Ottoman Greece to the 19th century
- The Rudder
- Canons and Definitions of the Ecumenical Councils
- Canons of the Orthodox Church