Revision as of 18:50, March 14, 2007 by ASDamick
Athenagoras may refer to:
- Athenagoras of Athens, a second century Christian philosopher and apologist
Athenagoras is also the name of several bishops of the church:
- Athenagoras I (Spyrou) of Constantinople was Ecumenical Patriarch from 1949 to 1972.
- Athenagoras (Cavadas) of Thyateira and Great Britain was primate of Western Europe from 1949 to 1962.
- Athenagoras (Kokkinakis) of Thyateira and Great Britain was primate of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from 1963 to 1979.
- Athenagoras (Aneste) of Panama has been primate of the Metropolis of Central America (of the Ecumenical Patriarchate) since 1986.
- Athenagoras (Peckstadt) of Sinope is an auxiliary bishop of the Ecumenical Patriarchate serving in Belgium since 2003.