Archdiocese of Tripolis
(error - wrong Tripolis)
|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
*Unknown 1866 - 2004
*[[Theophylaktos (Tzoumerkas) of Tripoli|Theophylaktos (Tzoumerkas)]] 2004-Present
*[[Theophylaktos (Tzoumerkas) of Tripoli|Theophylaktos (Tzoumerkas)]] 2004 - Present
Latest revision as of 09:32, September 24, 2011
The Holy Archdiocese of Tripolis is a diocese under the jurisdiction of the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria and All Africa. Its territory includes the parishes and missions located in nation of Libya and in the area of Egypt called Marsa Matrouh.
The Archdiocese of Tripolis was established as a archdiocese in 1866 by a Patriarchal and Synodal Decree. In 1959, the archdiocese was merged with the Metropolis of Carthage. Subsequently, the territory of the archdiocese was modified only to include all of the nation of Libya and the area of Egypt called Marsa Matrouh.
- Unknown 1866 - 2004
- Theophylaktos (Tzoumerkas) 2004 - Present