The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Trophimus of the Seventy was chosen by Jesus Christ to preach the good news contained in the Gospel. He is commemorated on by the Church on April 15 with Apostles Aristarchus and Pudens, and on January 4 with the Seventy.
He gave up his life and became become a martyr under the Emperor Nero.
Appearances in the Bible
Acts of the Apostles
"And there accompanied him into Asia Sopater of Berea; and of the Thessalonians, Aristarchus and Secundus; and Gaius of Derbe, and Timotheus; and of Asia, Tychicus and Trophimus" (Acts 20:4).
- Together let us honor the threefold choir of Christ's Apostles,
- Aristarchus, Pudens and the holy Trophimus.
- Like rivers filled with the wisdom of God
- They poured out the water of the Word for all the world.
- Through their intercessions, O Christ our God, have mercy on us!
Kontakion (Tone 1)
- Apostles of Christ and laborers of the Savior,
- You are the light of the world.
- Intercede for us who praise your holy memory,
- And pray that we may be saved.