m (+Seventy Apostles cat)
|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Latest revision as of 10:25, October 24, 2012
The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Nicanor of the Seventy was among the first deacons in the Church along with Stephen, Philip, Parmenas, Prochorus, Timon and Nicholas. Although they died at various times and in various places, they are commemorated together on July 28. St. Nicanor is also commemorated on January 4 with the Synaxis of the 70 Holy Apostles.
- Holy apostle Nicanor of the Seventy;
- entreat the merciful;
- to grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
- The Church ever sees you as a shining star, O apostle Nicanor,
- Your miracles have manifested great enlightenment.
- Therefore we cry out to Christ:
- "Save those who with faith honor Your apostle, O Most Merciful One."
Kontakion for July 28 (Tone 1) 
- You were holy deacons and eye-witnesses of the Word,
- And chosen vessel of the faith,
- O glorious Nicanor, Prochorus, Parmenas and Timon.
- Therefore today we celebrate your sacred memory,
- Blessing you in gladness of heart.