|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Latest revision as of 10:03, October 24, 2012
In his second Epistle to Timothy, St. Paul requests, "The phelonion that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books." Carpus was bishop of Berroia (or Verria) in Macedonia.
- O holy Apostle Carpus,
- Entreat the merciful God,
- To grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 4)
- The Church possesses You as a shining star,
- O Holy Apostle Carpus,
- And is illumined by the multitude of your miracles.
- Save those who honor in faith
- Your holy memory.