|Line 47:||Line 47:|
Revision as of 09:40, February 24, 2012
The holy, glorious and all-laudable Apostle Aristarchus (also Aristarchos) of the Seventy was chosen by Jesus Christ to preach the good news contained in the Gospel. St. Aristarchus is commemorated with the Seventy on January 4, on April 14 or 15 with Ss. Pudens and Trophimus, and on September 27 together with Ss. Mark and Zenas.
He gave up his life and became a martyr under Emperor Nero.
- And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre, (Acts 19:29)
- And there accompanied him into Asia Sopater of Berea; and of the Thessalonians, Aristarchus and Secundus; and Gaius of Derbe, and Timotheus; and of Asia, Tychicus and Trophimus, (Acts 20:4)
- And entering into a ship of Adramyttium, we launched, meaning to sail by the coasts of Asia; one Aristarchus, a Macedonian of Thessalonica, being with us. (Acts 27:2)
- Aristarchus my fellow prisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister's son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments: if he come unto you, receive him), (Colossians 4:10)
- Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellowlabourers, (Philemon 1:24)
- Holy Apostle Aristarchus of the Seventy
- entreat the merciful
- to grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Troparion (Tone 4) 
- Together let us honor the threefold choir of Christ's Apostles,
- Aristarchus, Pudens and the holy Trophimus.
- Like rivers filled with the wisdom of God
- They poured out the water of the Word for all the world.
- Through their intercessions, O Christ our God, have mercy on us!
- Apostles of Christ and laborers of the Savior,
- You are the light of the world.
- Intercede for us who praise your holy memory,
- And pray that we may be saved.
Kontakion (Tone 4) 
- The Church ever sees you as a shining star, O Apostle Aristarchus,
- Your miracles have manifested great enlightenment.
- Therefore we cry out to Christ:
- "Save those who with faith honor Your apostle, O Most Merciful One."
- Apostle Aristarchus of the Seventy, January 4 (OCA)
- Apostle Aristarchus of the Seventy, April 15 (OCA)
- Apostle Aristarchus of the Seventy, September 27 (OCA)
- Aristarchos, Pudens, Trophimos the Apostles of the 70, April 14 (GOARCH)
- Mark, Aristarchos, & Zenon, Apostles of the 70, September 27 (GOARCH)