|Line 26:||Line 26:|
Latest revision as of 06:28, October 25, 2012
The holy, glorious, all-laudable Apostle Amplias is numbered among the Seventy Apostles. Along with the Apostles Urban, Stachys, Narcissus, Apelles and Aristobulus he assisted the Apostle Andrew. St. Andrew ordained St. Amplias bishop in Lydda of Odyssopolis (Diospolis) in Judea. He died a martyr, and his feast day is October 31.
- Holy Apostles of the Seventy: Stáchys, Amplías, Úrban,
- Narcíssus, Apélles, and Aristobúlus,
- entreat the merciful God
- to grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 8)
- Let us thankfully praise the wise Apostles
- Stáchys, Amplías, Úrban, Narcíssus, Apélles, and Aristobúlus,
- those treasures of the Holy Spirit and rays of the Sun of glory,
- who were gathered together by the grace of our God.