Revision as of 15:36, April 6, 2008 by Ixthis888
The name Alexis masc. proper name, from Gk. alexis, from alexein "to ward off, keep, protect"
- (see Main article Alexander).
There are several saints with this name:
- St. Alexios, Archbishop of Cyprus
- St. Alexios, Archbishop of Moscow (February 12) – Russian
- St. Alexios the Man of God (March 17)
- St. Alexios the Russian (April 24)
- St. Alexios, Bishop of Vithinias (June 10)
- St. Alexios, martyr (August 9)
- St. Alexios, Metropolitan of Moscow (October 5) - Russian