Alexander (Golitzin) of Toledo
Igumen Alexander Golitzin is a priest and monk of the Orthodox Church in America.
Igumen Alexander is a patrisctics scholar and Professor of Theology at Marquete University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He earned his M.Div. at St Vladimir's Seminary in Crestwood, New York, and his D.Phil. in Theology at Oxford University (1980). He wrote his dissertation on Dionysius the Areopagite under the direction of Bishop Kallistos Ware. He research concerns the beginnings of the mystical and ascetical traditions of the Christian East.
- Mistagogia: Experienta lui Dumnezeu in Ortodoxie (Sibiu, 1998) [in Romanian]
- New Light From the Holy Mountain (South, 1996)
- St Symeon the New Theologian on the Mystical Life: The Ethical Discourses, 3. vol (Crestwood, 1995-1997)
- The Historical Dictionary of the Orthodox Church, with Michael Prokurat and Michael Peterson (Lanham, 1996)
- Et introibo ad altare dei: The Mystagogy of Dionysius Areopagita (Thessalonika, 1994)
Articles: Father Alexander's numerous articles have appeared in St Vladimir's Theological Quarterly, Greek Orthodox Theological Review, Studia Patristica, Dumbarton Oaks Papers, Journal of Early Christian Studies, Mystics Quarterly, Lutheran Quarterly, Pro Ecclesia, St Nersess Theological Review, and Vigiliae Christianae.
Categories: Modern Writers