Prokopios (Kanavas) of Adelaide
His Eminence Metropolitan Prokopios of Australia and New Zealand is the ruling bishop of the 'Holy Orthodox Church Mission of Australia and New Zealand'. This group is not in communion with any mainstream Orthodox church.
- 1985 August 11: Panagiotis Kanavas was born in Volos, Greece.
- 2002: Ordained deacon by Patriarch Irenaios of Jerusalem.
- 2008 June 24: Defrocked by the Holy Synod, after he fled to Greece and discarded his office (due to involvement in "questionable activities" and subsequent "threats")
- Ordained Priest and Archimandrite by Abp Auxentios (Marinis) within an Old Calendarist jurisdiction.
- 2010: Came to Australia to serve churches aligned with the Greek Orthodox Community of South Australia under the Autocephalous Greek Orthodox Church of America and Australia (a grouping in schism from the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia).
- 2013: Elected Metropolitan of Adelaide by bishops of the 'Former Exarchate of Alexandria Patriarchate', headed by Metr Petros (Haros) of Pennsylvania (not to be confused with the Church of Alexandria) to be the bishop of the four churches aligned with the Greek Orthodox Community of South Australia. Consecrated by them on 11 August at the Cathedral Church of the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, and soon after departed from them and was defrocked by them.
- 2014 April 12: Resigned from position as Metropolitan of the Autocephalous Greek Orthodox Church of America and Australia.
- 2014: By April, had founded the 'Holy Orthodox Church Mission of Australia and New Zealand' as an Old Calendarist jurisdiction aligned with the Genuine Orthodox Church of Greece, under Metropolitan Angelos of Viotia. Dismissed from this Synod after two months.
- 2014 May: Began the 'Christian Orthodox Parish and Community of Saint Seraphim of Sarov' (later 'English Speaking Orthodox Parish of St Seraphim of Sarov') in Adelaide, bringing with him some people from the 'Community' churches. In July, he ordained Dcn Goran Jovanov to the priesthood, becoming an Archimandrite (and taking the name 'Seraphim'); in September, he ordained Paul Zimmerman (previously in an independent jurisdiction) to the diaconate; in December, he defrocked Archim. Seraphim for leaving the church; and ordained Dcn Paul to replace him.
- 2014 June: Joined Synod of Abp Iakovos. Dismissed after 5 months.
- Joined the True Orthodox Church in America as a member of the Synod.
- Autocephalous Greek Orthodox Church of America and Australia, a group that was in schism from the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
- Website of the English Speaking Orthodox Parish of Saint Seraphim of Sarov
- Greek Orthodox Church in Adelaide – Voice of Truth: category of Panagiotis (Prokopios) Kanavas