Philip (Koutoufas) of Atlanta
In 1954 he graduated from the Theological Faculty of the University of Athens.
He was Ordained to the priesthood by Archbishop Iakovos of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese North and South America in 1960.
Archbishop Iakovos, bestowed upon him the title of Archimandrite in 1961.
Father Philip served the parish of St. Gerasimos, Manhattan, New York for ten years. While at St. Gerasimos, Father Phiiip continued doctoral studies at Bridgeport University, Bridgeport, Connecticut and Adelphi University of Garden City, Long Island, New York.
On August 1, 1982 he was consecrated titular Bishop Dafnousion, Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese.
On April 2, 1992 he was elected Bishop of Atlanta.
He passed away on 29 December 1995. Bured in Keyserkill Cemetery, Schoharie County, New York, USA.