Holy Cross Monastery (Niagara Falls, New York)
|The Holy Cross Orthodox Monastery|
|Jurisdiction||Russian True-Orthodox Church|
|Approx. size||2 monks|
|Location||Niagara Falls, New York|
|Liturgical language(s)||English, some Slavonic and Romanian|
|Music used||Russian Chant|
|Official website||Official website|
The Holy Cross Orthodox Monastery is a monastery of the schismatic Russian True-Orthodox Church. Located in Niagara Falls, New York, it formerly belonged to ROCOR, the OCA, Holy Orthodox Church in North America, and True Russian Orthodox Church under Metropolitan Damascene of Moscow. It was established in the year 2005 by Archimandrite Nicholas (Iuhos), built in the former Holy Trinity Orthodox Church (est. 1951).
Plans for the monastery include the organization of special spiritual retreats and lectures for those who are interested in learning more about the Orthodox faith, spirituality, the Church Fathers, and much more.
The monastery property consists of about 3 1/2 acres of land, including a brownstone church, a rectory, a garage, and a separate building which has three apartments upstairs, a hall, a kitchen, a future library and a basement.
The main building needs capital repairs, a new roof, new windows, new electrical wiring, and new heating and air conditioning system. Once restored, it is in this building that the monastic community will live.
The monastery plans to bring English speaking monks to begin the monastic life and hopes to attract interested candidates from the US and Canada.
The monastery plans to build a small pierogi factory to provide itself income, some of which will be used to help needy families of military personnel and set up scholarships for their children. A project to build a shrine dedicated to the Holy Cross in memory of American servicemen and women is also planned.
On June 12, 2010, Archimandrite Nicholas was consecrated Bishop of Cincinatti by Metropolitan Damascene of Moscow, Archbishop John of Zaporizhzya and Little Rus', and Bishop Andrian of Chisnau and Moldova as head of the North American Vicariate of the "True Russian Orthodox Church." In 2011, he left to the Russian True-Orthodox Church under schismatic metropolitan Alexey (Bondarenko) of Moscow.
Schedule of services
- Saturday: 6:00pm - Great Vespers
- Sunday: 9:30am - Divine Liturgy
- Feastdays: 6:00pm Great Vespers on the eve of the feast, followed by 9:30am Divine Liturgy on the feastday.
- Сообщение о переходе архимандрита Николая (Юхош) в Российскую Православную Церковь (Russian)
- Архиерейская хиротония в Российской Православной Церкви (Russian)
- Письмо митрополита Дамаскина (Балабанова) епископу Николаю (Юхош) (Russian)
- ЕПИСКОПАТ Российская Истинно-Православная Церковь (Russian)
- РАЗВАЛ РОСПЦ(Д): Бывший епископ РосПЦ(Д) Николай (Юхош) все-таки не вступил в ИПЦ(Р): "от сатаны к диаволу", -- обличив владык РосПЦ(Д) Д.Балабанова, И.Зиновьева в алкоголизме и безблагодатности Меч и Трость (Russian)
- Николай (Юхош), Епископ Синсиннатский Иерархия литургических церквей (Russian)